School Improvement: P.M. Assembly Schedule - Students Dismissed at 1:11pm
Board of Directors Meeting - Rosmonowski Room - 6:30pm
Parents' Organization Meeting - Rosmonowski Room - 6:30pm
Senior Parent Coffee with Counselors - Rosmonowski Room - 9:00am
In-Service Day: Special Schedule - Students Dismissed at 12:10pm
Powder Puff Game - Evening
Homecoming Pep Rally - Special Schedule - regular 2:30 pm dismissal
Varsity Homecoming Game
Choral Concert - 7:00 pm
Alumni & Friends Golf Outing
Spartan Alumni Extravaganza
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
View our profile on Linkedin
Donate to St. Francis
Note from the Principal
We are pleased to announce that Stephen Burns and Karina Chan have been named Semi-Finalists in the National Merit Scholarship Competition. To become a Semi-Finalist a student must score among the top 1% of the 1.5 million juniors who entered the 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program by taking the fall 2014 PSAT exam. These students will continue in the scholarship competition this fall. Finalists will be announced in February or March.
We congratulate senior Stephen Burns for earning a perfect score of 36 on the June, 2015, ACT test.
Blessings to you and yours,
St. Francis High School
Homecoming Dress Guidelines
It's never too early to start shopping for those Homecoming dresses. Be sure to check whether your daughter can sit, walk, and dance in the dress and of an appropriate length and cut (see below guidelines). The dance is a lot more fun when the dress fits comfortably!
DRESS GUIDELINES: All dresses must be longer than the fingertips when (with shoulders relaxed) are placed at the sides. The dress may not be skin tight and may not "ride up" when moving around. If your daughter has to pull down her dress to meet this guideline, please chose another dress. Additionally, shoes must be worn at all times during the dance. She may bring a second pair of more comfortable shoes to change into after pictures if you prefer!
Please Click Here for Homecoming Dress Guidelines
Homecoming t-shirts are now ready to be ordered! The t-shirt was designed by our very own Alyson Morse '16! Check out the cool design and place an order online using the link below by Monday, September 14th at 2:30. All payments must be made to Ms. Rodriguez in Room 1209 prior to the end of day Monday or the t-shirt will not be ordered. Short sleeve is $8/each and long sleeve is $10/each. T-shirts will be delivered to homerooms during the week of Homecoming.
Please Click Here to Order Homecoming T-Shirts
Student Government Reminders
Student Government would like to remind all parents of the following:
- Homecoming Week starts on Monday, September 21 and ends with the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, September 26. The theme for the 2015 Homecoming Week and Dance is "High School Musical". The schedule with the dress and activities for each day is now posted on the home page of the St. Francis website.
- Homecoming t-shirts are now ready to be ordered! The t-shirt was designed by our very own Alyson Morse! Check out the cool design and place an order online using the link from the homepage on the St. Francis website by Monday, September 14 at 2:30 pm. All payments must be made to Ms. Rodriguez in Room 1209 prior to the end of day Monday or the t-shirt will not be ordered. A short sleeve is $8 and long sleeve is $10. T-shirts will be delivered to homerooms during the week of Homecoming.
- Your child has a new class color! During Homecoming Week (and several other days during the year) there will be a class color day, in which each student needs to wear a shirt that is their class color if they want to be out of uniform. As you are out shopping, keep an eye out for a shirt that your son or daughter would like to wear on these class color days.
Freshman - Yellow
Sophomore - Red
- It's never too early to start shopping for those Homecoming dresses. Be sure to check whether your daughter can sit, walk, and dance in the dress and of an appropriate length and cut (see below guidelines). The dance is a lot more fun when the dress fits comfortably!
- DRESS GUIDELINES: All dresses must be longer than the fingertips when (with shoulders relaxed) are placed at the sides. The dress may not be skin tight and may not "ride up" when moving around. If your daughter has to pull down her dress to meet this guideline, please chose another dress. Additionally, shoes must be worn at all times during the dance. She may bring a second pair of more comfortable shoes to change into after pictures if you prefer!
- In conjunction with Homecoming Week, Student Government is holding a school supply drive to benefit an underprivileged school in Houston, TX where 2003 alumnus, Megan Cebrzynski, is an award winning teacher. Collection boxes will be in each homeroom and in the main office from now through Monday, September 28. The homeroom that brings in the most supplies will win an OUT-OF-UNIFORM day. Please purchase those school supplies while they are still on sale. Thank you!
Attention Orchestra students!
Orchestra will be starting Monday, September 14, 2015 and will be meeting every Monday in the Music room from 2:35-3:15 pm. Students interested in continuing to play their orchestral instrument in a group setting are encouraged to attend. If you have any questions, please ask Mr. Mamminga.
Notes from the Guidance & Counseling Department
If you missed the College Planning Information Program on September 9, you can view the power point on the Guidance and Counseling webpage. It is linked on the Welcome page under Parent Programs. Please direct any questions to Mrs. Rigney or Mr. Lindley.
Coffee with the Counselors for Senior Parents will be held on Thursday, September 17, at 9 AM in the Rosomonowski Room. During the 90 minute program, Mrs. Rigney and Mr. Lindley will assist senior parents in understanding the college admission and college application process. Topics will include: steps for completing a college application, using Naviance, requesting recommendations and transcripts, the Common Application, scholarships, and time for questions and answers.If you wish to attend, please RSVP Michele LeBeau, Guidance Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us to Celebrate and Bless
The Lacy Family Gateway Building
ALL ARE WELCOME! Please join us to Celebrate and Bless the Lacy Family Gateway Building on Thursday, September 17 at 6:30pm. A reception and showing will follow the ceremony. For planning purposes, please respond by Friday, 9/11. email@example.com
or 630-6680-5800 x1143
Tootsie Roll Fund Drive
Join the Knights of Columbus September 18-20 for a benefit for people with intellectual disabilities. Many shift times available all weekend.
Chicago NEDA Walk
Support the National Eating Disorder Association at their Chicago Walk on Saturday, September 19. Permission forms and information in Mrs. Mercadante's office.
Hike for Hesed
Join the Hesed House, shelter for the homeless, on Saturday, October 3rd for their 11th annual walk in Aurora.
or contact Carolyn at 630-897-2156 ext. 514
Serves homeless or at-risk individuals connected to the mid Kane County area. They are looking for students to help with childcare and homework time 4-5pm, Mon.-Thurs. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up.
Executive Functioning Workshop
A hands-on workshop for parents and students in grades 6-12
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
at St Francis High School
Cost: $50 per student/parent team
Many students need help developing executive functioning skills like organization, time management, studying, and note-taking. These skills are often the missing link to success.
This practical and hands-on workshop offers a chance for parents and students to:
- Be introduced to executive functioning skills
- Organize binders and school materials
- Learn study and note-taking skills
- Build effective homework routines
- Get tips and tricks for managing time effectively
To learn more, contact Mrs. Rupp at email@example.com or Jeanne Rerucha from Nurturing Wisdom Tutoring Services at 312-260-7945x7 .
College Essay Preparation Tips Night
September 28 at 7 P.M.
St. Francis High School is sponsoring a College Essay Preparation Tips Night on Monday, September 28 at 7 P.M. in the Kuhn Cultural Arts Center. It is open to all students and parents. An admissions counselor from the University of Chicago will discuss topics specifically dealing with:
- Writing essays for the common application
- Personal statements
- Essay Prompts
- Examples of good and bad college essays.
- The general admission process for highly selective colleges.
- How to make a college application unique and standout.
Please contact Adam Lindley in the counseling office if you have any questions.
|Mini-Golfing September 15
The Adventure Club will be mini-golfing on Tuesday, September 15 after school. To get more information and to sign up, please see Ms. Fairhead in room 1110.
PSAT Cram Session Offered
All juniors will take the new, re-designed PSAT & National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test on Wednesday, October 14. Kaplan Test Prep is offering free PSAT Cram Sessions that will start on September 17th and run through October 25th at a variety of dates and times. Space is limited and spots will fill up ahead of time. Please register at kaptest.com/psatcram. All juniors want to be prepared for this exam, especially those striving for the scholarship competition.
DRIVE, SLICE, AND HOOK WITH FELLOW
SPARTANS AND FRIENDS AS WE'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE!!!
On Friday, October 2nd, for the first time in history, the Alumni golf outing will be held at Prairie Landing Golf Course in West Chicago, IL. The freshly renovated Robert Trent Jones II course is rated "4.5 Stars" by Golf Digest and described as "Extraordinary" by Zagat.
BLOCK OFF YOUR CALENDARS NOW!
|Spartan Alumni Extravaganza
October 3, 2015
Do you know where all the Spartan Alumni will be on Saturday, October 3, 2015? Well, we do. They will be at the event that will be talked about all over social media.You do not want to miss this event - the First Annual Spartan Alumni Extravaganza!
Several alumni are working hard getting ready for this event. We will celebrate together in a Mass on the Grass, tour all the wonderful new additions to and old stomping grounds of St. Francis High School, meet and greet both old and new teachers, catch up with old friends over pizza and drinks, and much, much more.
No one wants to be left out of this Extravaganza. We need your help in spreading the word about this exciting and new event. Please pass along this information to all of your classmates and friends. If you or anyone you know is interested in helping to plan, sponsor or contact alumni about this event, please contact Colleen Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Click Here to Purchase Tickets for Saturday, October 3rd.
Sponsorship Opportunities are Available for this Event
Please Click Here to make Online Sponsorship Donation.