5-9 Outta Uniform Dress - Seniors are FREE
5-9 AP Statistics Exam - PM
5-9 Student Government Elections
5-9 Music Ensemble Concert 7:00pm (Kuhn Cultural Arts Center)
5-10 Prom (more info on the student landing page)
5-10 Senior Parent Social 5-7 pm at The Bank Restaurant
5-12 Senior Exams - Special Schedule - Periods 1, 2 & 3
5-13 Senior Exams - Special Schedule - Periods 4 & 5
5-14 Senior Exams - Special Schedule - Periods 6, 7 & 8
Pastoral Ministry Updates
Stressed about finals? Looking to regain peace and serenity before summer break? The Student Ministry Team invites you to walk the labyrinth, a traditional Christian meditation that invites one to discover God in a simple way. The labyrinth will be in the chapel, starting after school on Monday May 19, and it will be available all day during finals week. All are welcome!
All students should have their service hours logged in via Naviance. Students who have not completed this have been notified. To complete the process:
Go to the new school website:
Go to the 'Academics' tab and click 'Guidance and Counseling'
On the left, click 'College Counseling'
In the first paragraph, there is a link for 'Family Connection by Naviance' Click this link
Once you log on to Navaince, click the 'about me' tab
On the left hand side, there is a link for 'Service Hours'
See your religion teacher if you have any questions.
|Deactivation of the Parent-Student Portal
In order for teachers to finalize their final semester averages, the Parent-Student Portal will be deactivated on Tuesday, May 20 at 8:00 am. On Wednesday, May 28 at 8:00 am, the Parent-Student Portal will be reactivated. Students are encouraged to check the portal Wednesday, May 28 and contact their teachers immediately if there is a grade discrepancy. Once grades are verified, report cards will be printed and mailed. We estimate report cards will be mailed the week of June 2, 2014
|2015 Trip to Spain
From June 16th to June 24th of 2015, a group of St. Francis students and faculty will be taking the trip of a lifetime to Spain. This structured program includes sightseeing trips, excursions, walking tours and many exciting local activities. A full-time, specially selected tour manager for ACIS (www.acis.com) will accompany us on all of our educational excursions and assist us in making the most of our free time. Some of the trip highlights are hands on workshops involving the cultural aspects of food, art, dance, and pastimes in Spain as well as getting to know the cities of Granada, Córdoba, Barcelona, Montserrat, Madrid, Toledo, and Segovia. It is highly recommended that interested students have had at least two years of Spanish. If you were not able to attend the informational parent/student meeting on May 8th and are interested, please contact Elizabeth Brand email@example.com.
Used Uniform Collection Time
As the school year draws to a close, do you have St. Francis school uniforms that you've outgrown, never used, or just won't need in college? Please consider donating them to the UNIFORM RESALE. In addition to cleaning out your closets, you will be providing affordable uniforms to next year's SFHS students. As an added bonus, proceeds are used to provide financial assistance for a St. Francis student. It's a win-win-win all around! Starting Monday 5/12, look for collection bins around the school. We will accept clean, gently used uniforms until Thursday, 6/12. The UNIFORM RESALE will be held during the summer book test on June 17th.
For questions or to volunteer at the resale, please contact Tami Martin, 630-307-0722 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the May Student of the Month recipients! Elizabeth Malek, Business & Technology; Joe Ayres, English; Donna Riendeau, Mathematics; Mitch Strickland, Performing & Visual Arts; Frank Greco, Physical Education & Health; Margaret LaMantia, Religion; Timmy Pisarski, Science; Audry Pechan, Social Studies; Dana Hagglund, World Languages.
Blessings to you and yours,
St. Francis High School
|Spring Sports Streaming Schedule|
The Spring broadcasting crew is hoping to stream the following upcoming sporting events. Please note that this schedule is subject to change based on weather and availability of our broadcast crew.
Reminder: all SFHS broadcasts - both Live and On Demand - can be accessed through the SFHS website under the Athletics - Watch Online navigation option (http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/channels/st-francis-wheaton-illinois)
|Thursday ||May 8th||4:30pm||Girls Softball||Montini|
|Friday || May 9th||7:00pm||Boys Lacrosse ||Wheaton Academy|
|Thursday ||May 15th ||4:30pm||Girls Lacrosse ||St. Viator|
|Friday ||May 16th||4:30pm||Boys Baseball ||Fenwick|
|Thursday ||May 22nd||6:00pm ||Boys Volleyball ||Lyons Township|
|Tuesday ||May 27th||TBD||Girls Softball Regionals||TBD|
|Tuesday ||May 27th||TBD||Girls Soccer Sectionals||TBD|
|Wednesday||May 28th ||TBD||Girls Softball Regionals||TBD|
|Friday ||May 30th||TBD||Girls Soccer Sectionals||TBD|
|Saturday ||May 31st ||TBD||Girls Softball Regionals||TBD|
ESCO Textbook Buy Back
Our on campus Book Buyback for seniors is Wednesday, May 14 in the Spyglass Gymnasium from 7am until 12noon. All other students can participate in the program on Friday May 23 from 7am until 12noon. Please click on the links below to review the ESCO flyer, Booklist for 2014-2015 and Buyback instructions. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Larry Baker at email@example.com or (630) 668-5800x1103
ESCO Book Buyback Flyer
Book Buyback Instructions
Link to ESCO Website -->sfh.escobookstore.com
Notes from the Nurse
- Incoming freshman physical forms are due at the school no later than July 31, 2014. ALL students must have this exact form on file to fulfill the ninth grade entry requirements. This form is acceptable for the sport physical requirement. Make your doctor appointment now and submit the form as soon as possible to the school. We are here during the summer. (Click here for form). Should you have insurance restrictions that prevent you from submitting the physical form by the above date, you must contact the nurse immediately.
- Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, any student entering the ninth grade must show proof of having received two doses of varicella vaccine. (Click here for Health Requirements)
- Students MAY NOT any carry medications. The nurse will administer all medications that are necessary during school hours. Any student requiring medication at school must have an Authorization for Medication Administration form on file in the Wellness Office before any medication can be administered. Please review the policy that is attached to the form. (Click here for form and policy)
- All students must submit a Student Health and Emergency Form. This form will be included in the July mailing.
- Should your student have any health concerns arise over the summer that the Health Office should be aware of, please contact us during the summer. Do not wait until the first day of school.
- We will need a note from your healthcare provider should your student have a health condition that may require them to carry a water bottle during school hours. That note needs to be updated annually.
- Contact the Main Office with any changes in your address or phone numbers; particularly the work number.
- Please see the nurse website for all forms and further information or call the office at ext. 1146 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about athletic requirements contact Mrs. Thelen in the athletic office at ext. 1145.
Your tee time is at Noon...
The Spirit & Pride Golf Outing is fast approaching...
are you registered?
The 5th Annual Spirit & Pride Golf Outing to benefit SFHS Audio & Visual Technology Upgrades is coming up on Monday, May 19th. This is one golf outing you don't want to miss - be sure to register soon!
We're teeing off at noon at White Eagle Golf Club in Naperville, the premier full service private country club in the Chicagoland area. In addition to 18 outstanding holes of golf, we'll enjoy lunch and dinner, a cocktail hour, prizes, auctions and much more.
Schedule of Events
10:30-Noon - Registration, Lunch and practice time
Noon - Shotgun start
5 p.m. - Cocktail hour and Silent Auction
6 p.m. - Dinner, Raffles and Prizes
$200 per person/$800 foursome
Registration is limited to 144 golfers - reserve a place LINK for yourself or your foursome today!
Interested in sponsoring?
This popular event is underwritten by local businesses and individuals. If you would like to join that list, view the sponsorship opportunities on the golf website.
Click here to view the golf website
or contact Dan Donati at
630-330-5142 or email@example.com