Junior High Math Contest
Previous years contests.
The SFHS Math Team has finished in the top 10 at state 20 times in the past 22 years.
Whats in it for me?
Who, When, Where?
- Math challenge
- Higher SAT, ACT scores in Math
- Ribbons, Trophies, SFHS Letter
- Excellent extra-curricular on college applications
- 10-12 students in each grade level compete at contests
- Once a week from October - February
- Practices are held in the math department classrooms
What do we do (besides have fun)?
Once a week at school from October through February
Lemont Contest - January
Loyola Contest - February
Marmion Contest - February
ICTM Regional – February
ICTM STATE – April
Race to Regional
What are the contests like?
There are several events--like a track meet!
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Frosh/soph and Jr/Sr 2 person
- Frosh/soph and Jr/Sr 8 person