Search
Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
History & Board of Directors
Untitled Document
Historic Groundbreaking

November 11, 1956--St. Francis High School supporters cheered as shovels broke ground and efforts to construct the long-awaited regional high school officially began. Today, St. Francis serves the same mission its founders dreamed it would: to educate the young people of neighboring towns and Catholic parishes and to nurture their spiritual growth. This is the heart of Catholic education, and since classes first began in 1957, St. Francis High School has fostered student achievement and spiritual growth, all in the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi, our patron.

With the deep dedication of St. Francis families, alumni, teachers, coaches and staff, St. Francis continues to develop and thrive. In 2001, we celebrated the Spyglass Gymnasium and Kuhn Cultural Arts Center addition. In 2011, the Mary J. Feltes Science Suite and the Robinson Family Learning and Resource Center enhanced our facilities. And in 2013, blessings brought our Spartan spirit back home with the Kuhn Memorial Stadium and Scott Nelson Memorial Track completion. The St. Francis High School Board of Directors plan continued enhancements and, God willing, look forward to continued growth and development.


Board of Directors

St. Francis High School College Preparatory is part of the teaching mission of the Roman Catholic Church. As a Catholic educational institution, it operates in the Diocese of Joliet with permission of the Bishop. St. Francis High School was incorporated in 1957 as a private, not-for-profit corporation governed by its Board of Directors according to the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws of the Corporation, and the legal statutes related to the General Not-for-Profit Act of the State of Illinois.

The current Bylaws were formally enacted on November 13, 2006. The Board of Directors consists of alumni, parents of alumni, current parents and civic leaders, as well as representatives of the local church. The minimum number of Directors is 17, and the maximum number of Directors is 22. Currently, 19 Directors serve on the Board of Directors, which meets four times per year. All meetings are open to the public. The Board operates under the following standing committees:


Executive Committee

Composition: The Executive Committee is comprised of the President of the School, Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary of the Board, the Chairs of each standing committee and, when appropriate, the previous Chair of the Board. The Board Chair chairs this committee.


Development Committee

Composition: The Development Committee is comprised of the school President, the Development Director, Director of Recruiting and at least two directors and additional members representing particular areas of expertise.


Finance Committee

Composition: The Finance Committee is comprised of the school President, the school Director of Finance & Operations, the Development Director, at least two directors and additional members representing particular areas of expertise.


Education Committee

Composition : The Education Committee is comprised of the school President, the Principal, at least two directors and additional members representing particular areas of expertise.
School Board
Mr. Ray Reid '61
Chairperson  | profile

Mr. Ed Jensen
Vice Chair  | profile

Mrs. Yvonne Scholl
Secretary  | profile

Mr. Thomas Bednar
President | profile

Mr. Brad Ament

Mr. Dave Behnke

Mr. Tom Boler

Mr. Michael Carbery
profile

Mr. Larry Carroll
profile

Mr. Kevin Flood

Mrs. Sue Harsa

Mr. Charles McKenna
profile

Mr. Paul Mifsud

Mr. Max Miller
profile

Mr. Bart Murphy
profile

Fr. Jim Murphy
profile

Mr. Alex Rechenmacher
profile

Mrs. Amy Verbeke


Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal